2017 Grant Award Celebration
Ojai Womens Fund members came together with members of the Ojai community on November 30, 2017 to celebrate and honor the recipients of the second cycle of annual grant awards.
The following five Ojai nonprofits received 2017 grants to fully fund their special programs:
- Ojai Festivals, Ltd. (Arts): $10,000 for its BRAVO Program to expand the “Education Through Music” program to every K-3 classroom in all six Ojai Valley elementary schools
- Ojai Unified School District Music Department (Education): $8,550 to launch a new 2-week youth “Ojai Valley Mariachi Camp” during summer 2018
- Food for Thought Ojai (Environment): $7,850 to provide “Planting, Eating, Saving and Sharing: Seeds and Students” curriculum and hands-on gardening activities for K-2 at OUSD elementary schools
- OjaiCARES (Health): $10,000 to increase “Patient Navigation” support to 50 new clients diagnosed with cancer
- Boys & Girls Club (Social Services): $10,000 to support “Oak View Club Site” learning and recreational programs for children.
The following six Ojai nonprofits were awarded partial grants to share the remainder of OWF’s 2017 grant funds: Performances to Grow On, Ojai Valley Library Friends & Foundation, Nordhoff Dance Alliance, Mira Monte Elementary, Ojai Valley Community Hospital Foundation, and HELP of Ojai.
Below are photos from the event, taken by photographer Stephen Adams. Click a photo to view a larger version.