The Joy of Local Giving
The Ojai Women’s Fund inspires and educates all women to become leaders in philanthropy and to help make a difference in the Ojai Valley Community. Together we, as a Giving Circle, can do much more that we could ever do alone.
A Giving Circle
A form of group philanthropy in which individuals combine their money and/or time so that they can have a bigger impact on the causes that are most important to them than would be possible by donating individually. There are many hundreds of giving circles in the United States and they are increasing rapidly. Most have formed since 2000; they are located in every state, are nonsectarian, focus on local community activities, and are frequently composed entirely of women.
The Ojai Women’s Fund provides opportunities for women of all ages to join together
and make a substantial difference in our Ojai community.
- The OWF is diverse. Any woman can join … we want our membership to reflect the women in our community.
- The OWF makes it fun and easy to make a big impact in our community … no fundraisers, no required volunteer service. You can be as involved as you like.
- The OWF is democratic. Grantees are nominated and voted on by members.
- The OWF is educational. Members learn about critical community needs and effective programs that result in achievable solutions.
- OWF memberships are tax-deductible and expenses are kept to a bare minimum in our all-volunteer organization.
The Ojai Women's Fund (OWF) is an all-volunteer collective giving circle dedicated to making substantial grants on an annual basis to organizations that target critical needs in the Ojai Valley (areas of focus include social and health services, education, the environment and the arts). The OWF inspires and educates women of all backgrounds to become leaders in philanthropy.